Monday, October 26, 2009

Christmas Quilt Along: Week 4

Last week's assignment was
16 small trees!

I don't know about you, but I butchered my first tree pretty good. Those directions were more than a little confusing and didn't create the tree at all like one would think you would create a tree! Thank goodness for forgiving fabric! If you look closely at the pic above, you can see the two diagonal lines where I pieced my fabric back together after completely slashing it the first time.

I've decided I'm going to start showing you the pieces I've messed up on. Crafting perfection is no fun. Stressing over perfection.... Who would ever craft?!? So my hacked up and pieced back together pieces are what make my quilt MINE. Not store bought. Made with love. I cut one of my courthouse square strips too short and had to piece it back together too to make it work. Oh well!

So don't stress about this quilt or whatever else you happen to be working on. If you're a little behind, if you made a mistake...just enjoy what you're doing. We're not working towards perfection.

This week's assignment is
step 3 of the pattern (here).

8 large trees!
You can do it!

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean you aren't working towards perfection? What kind of Methodist are you? Oh that's right you aren't anymore. You have left the journey to perfection in God's love. That is just so sad...

    That being said, I find not striving for perfection in crafting improves my ability to love others as God loves them. I suppose I will just have to limit my desire for perfection to loving all people as God loves them. Unfortunatly, I have a long way to go. I better stay Methodist, so I can work on that. ;)

    ReplyDelete