Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Advent Activities

With the apparent flop of the advent calendar
I ended up making some advent activity sticks!
These will be perfect for sticking in the pockets of the advent calendar
...you know, when it's done. :o)
We came up with a list of fun activities
and will do one each day.
Did I mention that sticking one stick in a pocket
will be so much easier than four pieces of candy?
Memories are made through activity!

Supplies:
Jumbo Craft Sticks
Sharpie Marker

I wrote out each idea on a stick...

(click on the picture to enlarge and see my list)

...and then put them in an appropriate order.
Like, putting up Christmas lights shouldn't wait until Dec 24th !
Some activities, like Two's preschool program
need to fall on a certain date, but everything else
was pretty willy nilly.

I also made sure to put in a few acts-of-service activities too.
My favorite?
Driving around to different Salvation Army Red Buckets
with the bell ringers and putting money in!
This was always a special thing for me as a kid.
My mom always told me about how the Salvation Army
were the only people that went to the front lines
in WWII to reach my grandad and the others to help them
and give them supplies and encouragement.
So the Salvation Army definitely means something special to me.


For other advent activity ideas, try here, here, or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment