Thursday, December 17, 2009

Teacher Christmas Gifts

So this post might be a little late to help with teacher gifts.
Mostly because I was late getting to it myself.
Like, the last day before break is tomorrow?

Oh well.

Teacher's don't get much.
They don't get paid much.
They don't always get much respect.

When I taught,
the most precious gift I ever got
was a letter.

I was teaching fourth grade in Seattle
and there was a big earthquake.
We're talking damage to the building,
the kids couldn't even enter the building afterwards.
But the next day a mother wrote me a letter
thanking me for looking after and caring for her daughter
on such a traumatic day.
It was so special to me and I still have it.

And you know what?
It was free!

Never under-estimate the power
of a heartfelt card.

So I made this for Two's teacher and asked Two to decorate it:



Then she cut off the corner of an envelope with fancy scissors
to make a corner bookmark:
(You could decorate yours with scrapbook paper
or a photo of your child...
These bookmarks are great for family too!)



See how it works?

One made one for his teacher too but of course I forgot to take a picture of it before putting it in the envelope.

Remember, special gifts don't
have to be expensive!


No comments:

Post a Comment