Monday, December 22, 2008

Muffin Tin Monday


Another week, another Muffin Tin Monday! The kids love it and argue about who will be my Kid Chef that night. Will they still be fighting for dinner-cooking rights when they're teenagers? We have to get creative to fill up all those muffin tin holes....like deconstructing spaghetti into noodles, sauce, and meatballs. There's three tins filled just like that! Who knew it was so fun to actually dip your noodles into the sauce? Or that carrots apparently also taste good dipped in spaghetti sauce? As long as they make it into little tummies, who cares?! Here's One with tonight's dinner: peas, carrots, garlic bread, meatballs, spaghetti sauce, and curly-Q noodles. YUM!

On to my Baby Jesus adventure story: I found Two wandering through the house with a cup of water. I wasn't sure what was going on, but like any good mother, I told her to take the cup back to the kitchen without asking her what she was doing. Oh, those wonderful parenting moments. Later, I'm in the living room and I see Baby Jesus in front of the fireplace with some strange looking white stuff, which I soon discover to be wet toilet paper!

Me: "Two? We're you giving Baby Jesus a bath?"
Two: "Uh huh"
Me: "With toilet paper?"
Two: "Yes."

Fortunately for Two, I thought that was one of the sweetest things I had ever seen and it very much reminded me of the woman who washed Jesus' feet. What an amazing thing to be reminded of, especially through the innocence of my sweet three year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment