Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Room to Sew

Can you guess what's in here?



Surprise!

(The fishbowl behind my machine is where I put my scraps.)

I love it!

There's no craft room for me.
And that's okay.
But I did need some designated space
because fabric was ending up everywhere!
In the hall closet,
in a box in my bedroom,
on the bookshelf next to my sewing machine....

I saw this tv hutch at goodwill
and knew it would be perfect
for a "sewing room".

And once I organized everything,
it looked so clean
I wanted to sit right down
and sew something!

Of course I didn't,
because at that point
it was 1am
and I have a baby
that tends to get up at 4am to eat
so that would have been crazy
but still...

In the bottom left cabinet
there are clear boxes for storage
designated for:
1) notions,
2 ) fabric already designated for projects,
3 ) huge batting scraps,
a basket of fat quarters,
and a basket of patterns:



The bottom right cabinet has the foot pedal
and a trash bag for scraps.

There's even a shelf where I can store
stacks of fabric for easy viewing:

(It kinda looks like there's room for more fabric!)
(ps, I should do a post on how I fold my fabric. Is that nerdy?)


And when I'm done,
I can close the doors up,
and there you go!


Hurray!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you comment on my Game Day Beads! I love your hutch turned sewing room. I live in NYC so space is hard to come by...always love new ideas of how people are using their space well! I also love your fabric at the top of the hutch...there's just something about stacks of fabric that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete