Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Grief

Grief.
I guess it's supposed to be a good thing but there are times when it flares up like a bad disease and makes life difficult.

Today is one of those days for me.

You see, when I was a little girl, my baby sister died of SIDS.
Most SIDS deaths occur between 2-4 months, but my sister was
6 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days.

The exact age Three is today.


I can't imagine what it would be like if this was all the time I ever got with Three. To never see him again? Did I love on him enough? Would I start to forget him?

It's a hard day.



So today I let everything else slide and I loved on my baby. I held him a little bit tighter, played a little bit longer, cried for my sister, and just willed the day to pass a little bit faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment