Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Cozy Quilt

I finished another quilt!
This quilt belongs on the back
of our living room couch.
I pulled all the colors
from my living room curtains.
I just love it!


I didn't have a pattern,
but my inspiration was Stephanie's quilt
over at Jonquils & Ladybugs.
She participated in Park City Girl's Quilt Festival
and I'm so glad she did!


I used 12 fat quarters
and squared them up
as big as I could make them.
17.5" x 17.5" I think?
(Maybe less, since of course I made
some cutting errors! Shhhh!)
And then 4 or 5 inch strips of muslin.

As soon as I laid it out,
Two ran over to make
Quilt Angels.

My quilter worked with me
and really listened to what
I liked and didn't like about the last quilt.
Gave me some options.
And this is just perfection.
Look at all that puckery, wrinkly goodness!


The back is just some clearance fabric
I pieced together.


I hope this quilting kick lasts a bit longer!
I've got another quilt in the works.
Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! It's so nice to have so many bloggers to find inspiration! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) Steph

    ReplyDelete