Thursday, January 14, 2010

Easy Guacamole

I have had such a craving for guacamole lately!
I made one batch using a store mix
and it was so good!
But I wanted to be able to actually make my own
with ingredients I generally have on hand
and ended up discovering a really great recipe.
So easy, so fabulously delicious!

Here are the ingredients:
(Salsa, salt, garlic powder, lemon juice, avocado)

The directions are per avocado:
(who's awesome idea was that?!?)

1/4 tsp salt
2 T salsa (I did 1T+)
3/4 tsp garlic powder (I did 1/2 tsp)
1/2 tsp lemon or lime juice

Smash up,
refrigerate,
serve.




YUM!!!

We actually served ours right away
and it was so good!
But I must say that it was noticeably better
the next day.
That "refridgerate"-ing part did something.

And everyone knows how to remove
the avocado pit, right?
Whack it with your knife and twist?

Well, apparently I did my very best
and whacked it too hard:

And since those pits are slippery
right out of the avocado,
not to mention my recent experience
with fingers and sharp objects,
I left them on there!
Thank goodness for a long knife!







No comments:

Post a Comment