Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome Home Quilt

***SPOILER ALERT*** If you just bought a house
and want to be surprised, don't read a word further!


***********
Okay,
I've started a new quilt for a dear friend
who just bought her first house.

The fabrics were a FQ bundle and
I'm so glad that they were all picked for me!
I am not great at coordinating fabrics,
especially patterns!



These really aren't my colors,
so I don't know why I bought them,
but they contain my friend's:
wall color
couch color
and favorite color...
Could it be any more obvious that
these were destined for her?

In searching for a pattern,
I found a Turning Twenty quilt
that I just loved.

Not wanting to buy the pattern,
anyone can pretty much see that
they are just quilt blocks cut into thirds
so I cut all my fabric
and it seems to be working out!

Here's a sneak peek:


And to keep it real:

See that bottom piece?
You guessed it, cutting mistake!
Imperfection is allowed!
That's why I love homemade quilts.

Stay tuned for a finished quilt top!


No comments:

Post a Comment