Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Love


So I've spent most of today loving on my baby. I feel like sometimes he gets lost in the shuffle in his position as number Three. Shuttled around as we pick up One from school or take Two to ballet or speech. It seems like I often feed him, change him, and then put him on the floor or in the saucer in an attempt to get other things done.

Well, today poor Three had his 4 mos shots. All shots he's had before, which takes some of the worry away, but today I felt really moved to let other things go and give Three some extra love. We played on the floor, sang songs, spent lots of extra time at diaper changes, even stopped for a photo session/love-fest with Two so I'd have some more recent pictures. He was pretty happy, cooing and smiling, for most of the day but then he started getting cranky so I wrapped him up and he crashed two hours early! Not wanting to lay him down, I've just held him all evening. It's been so nice.

Here are Two and Three doing a finger count:
Getting Three here was very touch and go. I'm so grateful he's here. And healthy! There was a time early in my pregnancy where we thought Three's life would be mere minutes, if he made it that far! And then we were faced with several potential health and developmental obstacles. We had a team of fabulous doctors with whom we met regularly and now here we are, with a practically perfect baby! (we're still handling some kidney issues) It's been such a journey and I'm so glad I took today to be with him. DaddyMan and I take turns taking the big kids out on dates. It's really special to us that we have individual relationships with the kids, as well as relationships as The Family. Three is attached and tags along with me on these dates and I forget that, even though he's an infant, I should still take the time to give him his special one-on-one time as well.

Love you baby! Thanks for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment