Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's like we were there!


Only we weren't! And aren't I glad? You betcha! Keeping track of three little ones in that crowd sounds like a nightmare, and that's not even considering the whole bathroom situation! But how much fun did it look like when the people started walking on the frozen reflection pond when the inauguration was over? You know that's like a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. I bet if you went to go do that next week, you might get a ticket or something, but 1.4 million people? What can they do?

But what a fantastic day! I wonder if my kids will remember or even understand the magnitude of it all? I know I don't get it as much as the previous generations do. So maybe it's a good thing that they won't get what a big deal this was. Maybe they'll look back and wonder how it could have ever been otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment